The First Civil Rights Era!
The true history of Civil Rights in America is being buried: As evidence, note the US House of Representatives own History link to “Civil Rights”. It ignores the first Civil Rights Era and the first 110 years of history jumping straight to 1964. Americans need to understand our complete history of civil rights, the Democratic Party’s dark role, and the Republican Party’s civil rights fight begun at its birth in 1854.
Further evidence of how the Democrat Party’s Racist History has been buried. The following quote if from a AP US History Website, which posts definitions of APUSH terms. For the KKK, the site teaches:
“Deeply embittered, some Southern whites resorted to savage measures against “radical” rule. Many whites resented the success and ability of black legislators as much as they resented alleged “corruption.” A number of secret organizations mushroomed forth, the most notorious of which was the “Invisible Empire of the South,” or the ____, founded in Tennessee in 1866. They would approach the cabin of an “upstart” black and hammer on the door. In ghoulish tones one thirsty horseman would demand a bucket of water. Then, under pretense of drinking, he would pour it into a rubber attachment concealed beneath his mask and gown, smack his lips, and declare that this was the first water he had tasted since he was killed at the Battle of Shiloh. If fright did not produce the desired effect, force was employed.”
Where is the truth of who these “Southern Whites” were? They were the militant arm of the Democrat Party!
The strongest example of the Democrat Party’s historical whitewash is shown in the 2010 screenshot from their Party’s website. The site has since been rewritten.
According to Dinesh D’Souza’s Hillary’s America:
+Democrat Party’s Heritage:
- Oppression of Blacks/American Indians
- Stole land from Indians and labor from Blacks
- Since 1930s (Progressive Era), established modern plantations in the inner cities, added immigrants to the mix
- Developed confiscatory/progressive taxation system, now taking something from everybody. Don’t forget the democrat driven tax rates of 80-90%. End state, take everything from everyone, distribute as they see fit.
- From slavery through modern progressivism, Democrats have always stolen the fruits of peoples labor. Now, working to enslave Americans to the all powerful progressive state.
- Party of deceit, lawlessness.
- Modern Democrats contort our Nations Birth and our Constitution to denigrate America’s founding, and cover the racist history/nature of their party.
+Republican Party’s Heritage:
- From its birth in 1854 was the Party of anti-slavery (which ended slavery), and inherited the ideals of the American Revolution (the revolutionary tradition)
- Conserving the promises of liberty, freedom (political/economic/thought and religion), personal responsibility, justice (justice of rights (equality under the law), economic allocation i.e. free market capitalism).
- Republicans always stood for letting people keep what they produce and earn.
- Republicans have always been the party of women’s rights and minority rights.
*Dred Scott: Dred Scott v Sanford, 60 U.S. 393 (1857) is universally considered the worst decision in the history of the Supreme Court’s. In 1857, a Democratic Party Dominated Supreme Court (7 Democrats vs 2 Republicans) handed down the infamous Dred Scott decision (7 to 2, all Democrats in the Majority), declaring that blacks were not persons or citizens but instead were property and therefore had no rights. Both Republican Justices (Justice John McLean and Justice Benjamin Curtis) opposed the majority and voted in favor of Dred Scott, an enslaved man, and his “God-given rights”.
1 13th Amendment Vote Counts:
- House: Republicans (86 Yea, 0 Nay); Democrats (50 Nay, 14 Yea, 8 Not Voting);
- Senate: Republicans (31 Yea, 0 Nay); Democrats (5 Nay, 2 Yea, 3 Not Voting)
NOTE: In 1865 President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by confederate sympathizer John Wilkes Booth. President Lincoln’s Vice President and successor was Democrat Andrew Johnson.
15th Amendment Vote Counts:
- House: Republicans (144Yea, 4 Nay, 27 Not Voting); Democrats (39 Nay, 0 Yea, 8 Not Voting);
- Senate: Republicans (31 Yea, 0 Nay, 13 Not Voting); Democrats (8 Nay, 0 Yea, 1 Not Voting)
2 Black Codes: Furious over Republican passage of the constitutional amendments and civil rights legislation, southern democrats passed the infamous “Black Codes” (1865-1866).
Examples of Black Codes common throughout the south:
- Restricted professions blacks could work in, allowed white masters to whip black servants
- Restricted rights to own property, buy or lease land, and to conduct business
- Restricted where blacks could travel, could be imprisoned if caught
- Blacks restricted from juries, nor could they vote
- Many crimes carried the death penalty for blacks, but not for whites
- Testimony in court not admissible except against other blacks
- Had to carry proof that they were working (labor contract or government license) or face arrest
- Blacks could not leave their employers
- Blacks could not possess knives, firearms or liquor
“An Act to protect all Persons in the United States in their Civil Rights, and furnish the Means of their Vindication.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,That all persons born in the United States and not subject to any foreign power, excluding Indians not taxed, are hereby declared to be citizens of the United States; and such citizens, of every race and color, without regard to any previous condition of slavery or involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall have the same right, in every State and Territory in the United States, to make and enforce contracts, to sue, be parties, and give evidence, to inherit, purchase, lease, sell, hold, and convey real and personal property, and to full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of person and property, as is enjoyed by white citizens, and shall be subject to like punishment, pains, and penalties, and to none other, any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, to the contrary notwithstanding.”
Contains 9 more sections.
*New Orleans Riot/Massacre: 30 July,1866 – In Democrat controlled City of New Orleans KKK, supported by police and firemen storm and attack the racially-integrated Republican convention in New Orleans. “Federal troops were called in to stop the violence but by the time they arrived the mayhem had run its course. Official reports from the massacre, one of the bloodiest riots of the Reconstruction era in the United States, listed 37 persons (34 black and 3 white Radicals a term for anti-slavery republicans) killed and 146 wounded. Contemporary witnesses believed the numbers to be much higher.” World Library, Louisiana State Museum, Free Republic
“The Committee of Congress appointed to investigate the riot in New Orleans on July 30, 1866, have lately presented a report, giving a full history of the tragedy. It is shown by that record that the riotous attack upon the Republican Convention, with its terrible results of massacre and murder, was planned and executed by the Mayor of New Orleans, and that it had the countenance of President Johnson, without which it would never have taken place.” Harper’s Weekly
Assassination: 1868 – Republican U.S. Representative James Hinds (R-AR), a strong supporter of reconstruction, was assassinate by the KKK, and state Representative Joseph Brook was seriously wounded. The assassin was George A. Clark (D), Secretary of the Democratic Committee of Monroe County, AR who shot Hinds in the back with a shotgun.” Clark was never arrested or prosecuted. Congressman Hinds was the highest ranking government official to be killed during reconstruction.
*Freedman’s Bureau: 1865-1872, a US Federal Agency within the War Department established by President Lincoln, supported by Republicans in Congress to Force Southern States to Comply with newly enacted freedoms for blacks during the Reconstruction era.
Justice Department: 1870, Established by Republican President Ulysses S. Grant to fight the Democrat Party’s KKK.
Sources: Hillary’s America, Wrong on Race, Wikipedia, World Library Online, Louisiana State Museum, Free Republic, Online Library of Liberty