FBI Agent and communist expert, W. Cleon Skousen, published the book The Naked Communist: Exposing Communism and Restoring Freedom in 1958. At the time, the book was wildly popular, but has been lost over the last 6 decades. It is time to rediscover Agent Skousen’s work, and his “time capsuled” warnings about communism. The list of 45 items below is a verbatim list of Communist Goals from the Naked Communist. I sorted them according to my assessment of how successful forces have been advancing them since 1958.
Agent Skousen introduces these Communist Goals by writing:
“Instead of maintaining a state of intellectual vigilance, we have taken Communist slogans as the major premises for too many of our conclusions. Let us go down a list of current strategy goals which the Communists and their fellow travelers are seeking to achieve. These are part of the campaign to soften America for the final takeover. It should be kept in mind that many loyal Americans are working for these same objectives because they are not aware that these objectives are designed to destroy us.”
Highly Successful Communist Goals
|– Internationalize the Panama Canal.|
|– Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use “united force” to solve economic, political or social problems.|
|– Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.|
|– Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.|
|– Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.|
|– Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of Communist apparatus.|
|– Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”|
|– Present degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.”|
|– Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.|
|– Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.|
|– Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.|
|– Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.|
Partially Successful Communist Goals
|– Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.|
|– Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.|
|– Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture – education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.|
|– Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of “the big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.|
|– Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”|
|– Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a world-wide basis.|
|– Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”|
|– Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.|
|– Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.|
|– Continue discrediting American culture by denigrating all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”|
|– Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, and policy-making positions.|
|– Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.|
|– Gain control of all student newspapers.|
|– Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.|
|– Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.|
|– Do away with all loyalty oaths.|
|– Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as the are now doing in the Congo.)|
|– Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the U.S. has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.|
|– Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.|
|– Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.|
|– Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.|
|– US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.|
|– US Acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
Largely Unsuccessful Communist Goals
|– Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coerve control over those who oppose Communist goals.|
|– Infiltrate and gain control of big business.|
|– Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive meaningless art.”|
|– Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.|
Largely Overcome by Events, Communist Goals
|– Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.|
|– Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.|
|– Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites|
Every liberty and freedom loving American must read Agent Skousen’s book, The Naked Communist. Marxists have been hard at work for many decades. The fall of the Soviet Union did not stop them, it may have at best only slowed them.
As the final point in this blog, I ask this question. In all of the Russia hysteria surrounding the 2016 election, have you heard the words communism or Marxism used even once to describe Russia? It’s as though there is no such connection at all! The Russian threat is not from Putin, it is from Putin’s Marxist ideology!
If you have any doubt as to the relevance of Agent Skousen’s list of goals, look no further than this self proclaimed communist’s website “NakedCommunist” as he/she crows about their successes.
The Democrat Party’s hard leftward ideological movement continues by the day. As Marxism and Socialism take root, its important to expose where the left wants to take the country, and the naivet of the wizards of smart driving this leftward lurch.
The quoted excerpts below, in grey, came from Ryan Cooper’s article: The Dawn of American Socialism in The Week.
“When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, many Western observers concluded that the old Marxist dream was dead forever…But they spoke too soon. I have previously covered the two major schools of thought on the American left:
The Brandeisians, who would reform American capitalism with anti-trust policy and regulated competition; and
The social democrats, who would reform it by jacking up taxes to create an enormously more generous welfare state.”
Of course Bernie Sanders, who was robbed by Hillary Clinton and the DNC in the 2016 democrat primary, is the poster child for American “Democratic Socialists”.
“There is substantial overlap between these groups, and indeed they are more complementary than in direct conflict.
Socialists, by contrast, stand somewhat apart from both groups. They are united in pushing the political boundaries leftwards far beyond their current limits, either in Europe or America.
The full-throated socialists would insist on going past Denmark, and even exceeding Norway’s Socialist high-water mark.”
How far left do they intend to go? Hugo Chavez left? If further left than any European country, provide an example from elsewhere, say Venezuela?
Here’s an interesting paradox for leftists. The following facts about Norway, one of Bernie Sanders’ beloved Scandinavian countries, come from the CIA World Factbook:
- “Discovery of oil and gas in adjacent waters in the late 1960s boosted Norway’s economic fortunes.
- Key domestic issues include immigration and integration of ethnic minorities, maintaining the country’s extensive social safety net with an aging population, and preserving economic competitiveness.
- The country is richly endowed with natural resources such as oil and gas, fish, forests, and minerals.
- Norway is a leading producer and the world’s second largest exporter of seafood, after China.
- The government manages the country’s petroleum resources through extensive regulation. The petroleum sector provides about 9% of jobs, 12% of GDP, 13% of the states revenue, and 37% of exports…Norway is one of the world’s leading petroleum exporters.
- To help balance the federal budget each year, the government follows a fiscal rule, which states that spending of revenues from petroleum and fund investments shall correspond to the expected real rate of return on the fund, an amount it estimates is sustainable over time.
- Electricity from Hydroelectric 88.4% of total installed capacity”
Norway owes its fortunes to energy production. The very leftists that want the US to emulate countries like Norway want to shut down American energy production due to “Global Warming.” Cooper sites Alaska as well. Once again, the state refund to Alaskan citizens comes from oil industry tax revenue. That level of production is the exception, not the norm.
“Bernie Sanders, self-identifies as a “democratic socialist,” but in practice he is much more concerned with bringing America up to the top standard of the developed world rather than leapfrogging past it. In his speeches and writings, the fact that America is the “richest country in the world” and yet fails to achieve a European standard of decency is a constant refrain. Bernie Sanders does support much public action on housing, but that does not include directly building and owning housing for the masses.”
So even far left Bernie Sanders comes up soft according to Ryan Cooper, since Sanders fails to advocate for state owned housing.
“Socialists aim higher than this. Instead of merely building out a Europe-style welfare state, they would:
- Make it the most generous on Earth.
- They would directly build and own things like housing.
- Instead of merely taxing capital, they would bring a considerable portion of the national wealth under direct democratic control.”
No mention by socialist Cooper of the fact that the US is nearly $21 Trillion in debt, and climbing. America’s current social programs apparently aren’t close to being enough.
Where is all of this new funding going to come from? He proposes getting it by annexing private wealth into the leftist hands of democrat party statists. Taking private property, a classic Marxist move, never works out well, but why let the records of human history get in the way of socialist utopian dreams.
How does he propose achieving these goals?
“Their first objective is Mass organizing, a critical task if socialists are ever going to exert real influence.”
But what would they (socialists) do with that power? Cooper proposes:
- Create an “American Medicare-for-all system paid for with progressive taxation. It would entail profound and highly disruptive reform of the system, but the money is there.
- Building out or improving state-owned enterprises. State-operated airline or rail network, which generally perform decently. European state companies have long been snatching up all sorts of British contracts, to run them for easy profits.”
“The money is there”! Deep analysis here, just trust the socialist. A common goal among socialists, Democratic Socialists, other leftist radicals, is government funded healthcare. Kill the private market, and let unanswerable bureaucrats handle your life care.
There is no more wasteful, stunted, slow and ineffective enterprise in the world than big government. Imagine how far Apple or Amazon would have gotten if they had been taken over by the federal government?
If state operated enterprises are so easy to make profits with, why is AMTRAC such a perpetual taxpayer failure? What about California’s $ Billion bullet train boondoggle!
- “A return to public housing. Socialists would attack the problem head-on by directly building them on public land. They would be open to a wide socioeconomic spectrum, and priced accordingly. Because there would be non-poor people occupying the majority of the units and paying something closer to market-rate rents, the investment would pay for itself indeed, in tighter rental markets it would quickly become a huge revenue source. Fourth, it would take some pressure off the private market, and help keep rents down there as well.”
- “Now what about the heart of capitalism, private companies? An evolution of the traditional socialist priorities on this question is what might be called “sovereign wealth fund socialism,” whereby the government scoops up ownership of a broad swathe of the economy by simply buying lots of stock. A sovereign wealth fund would allow the government to capture some of that money, and use it to the country’s benefit.”
Of course Cooper only thinks about socialist like himself as being smart enough to know what constitutes the “country’s benefit”. He never considers that others might disagree with his utopian vision. Again, this is very common of Marxists. They see themselves as smarter than everybody else.
Marxists/socialists are the least educated people in the world when it comes to markets, and understanding how they work. We are to take Cooper’s word that the wealthy would occupy his government owned housing, paying the freight for the poor. Distorting the market, he says, would be good for rental prices.
Cooper advocates for a sovereign wealth fund, where the federal government just buys up a huge chunk of the private sector. Where is the government going to get the money for that? Imagine your tax bill! Sovereign wealth fund? How about paying off America’s national debt first?
It’s also important to bring Venezuela into the equation. Cooper’s discussion seems to fit right in with what Hugo Chavez instituted there. Now the IMF projects Venezuela’s 2018 inflation rate to exceed 13,000%.
“For an example of how this works, albeit on a small scale, you need only look to the 49th state. Funded by oil revenue, Alaska’s wealth fund has about $55 billion in assets, and pays out a yearly dividend to every Alaskan; in 2016 the figure was $1,022.
Either you could simply kick it back out to the population, or spend it on public works without needing to raise taxes, or whatever goodies you want.“
Once again, there is no mention by Cooper of America’s strangling debt. As Margaret Thatcher once said:
“The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people’s money.”
“That is the future utopia that socialists are striving for
If the Brandeisians and the social democrats achieve some measure of success in the next few years, how much further to press things will be a natural question. I say you might as well try especially given the wretched performance of American neoliberalism over the past generation.
Let us experiment boldly, and see how perfect we can make this union.”
The strongest argument against Cooper comes from his own words.
He states that the vision is a:
“future utopia that socialists are striving for.”
There are no utopias. No such animal exists, so socialists are going to destroy America in search of unicorns and fairy dust.
Finally, Cooper closes with:
“Let us experiment boldly, and see how perfect we can make this union.”
Experiment? The world is strewn with the wreckage of countries that Marxists, socialists, leftists have experimented on. America, the last bastion of freedom, must not become another one.
Democrats mastered the art of destroying republicans. Look no further than what they did to Sarah Palin. They’ve been at it again for at least a year and a half trying to take out Donald Trump, and they are using the same tactics on him as were used upon Palin. It’s time to expose the trick, and in so doing the “magic” of how it’s done.
Democrats are using, unsuccessfully so far, the playbook of radical democrat community organizer Saul Alinsky. In his book, Rules for Radicals, which he dedicated to Lucifer, Alinsky taught four distinct steps on how to destroy one’s political opposition:
- Pick a Target
- Freeze the Target
- Personalize the Target
- Polarize the Target
Let’s dissect these steps as they’ve been used on Donald Trump.
- Pick the Target: This step is fairly simple in concept according to Alinsky, but difficult to do, as targets are always trying to shift blame and focus to others. The target must be a personification, not something general and abstract. Don’t attack General Motors he says, but GM’s President! Given President Trumps victory over Hillary Clinton in 2016, he was an inevitable target. I think that its safe to say, given history, that the left will Target EVERY republican elected President.
- Freeze the Target: Alinsky states any target can always say,
“Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well? When you freeze the target, you disregard these arguments and, for the moment, all the others to blame.“
Alinsky teaches to attack the target, and then pay attention to who comes forward to defend it, for they are also to blame, and may come next. Republicans are very slow to defend those who’ve been targeted, including the President, and many in the Never Trump movement join in the attack.
How many Americans are afraid to defend him, for fear of bringing attention to themselves, succumbing to intended intimidation? If millions came out en mass to support him, progressives wouldn’t know what to do.
We don’t have to look hard to see examples of leftists attacking those defending President Trump. Marc Levin in March of 2017 was vilified when he laid out the case of how the FISA Court was used by the FBI and Justice Department to spy on Trump and his campaign. Currently, GOP Congressmen like CM Nunes, are under assault for daring to expose Obama Administration corruption and police state abuses of power.
- Personalize the Target: Alinsky teaches to never take your focus off of your target, and with that focus comes a polarization. He instructs that radicals must “TURN THE TARGET INTO THE DEVIL”, never allowing anything positive to be said about it.
“Can you imagine in the arena of conflict charging that so-and-so is a racist bastard and then diluting the impact of the attack with qualifying remarks such as He is a good churchgoing man, generous to charity, and a good husband? This becomes political idiocy.“
It’s overtly obvious that the democrats, minion media and Hollywood are following this step religiously.
Straight out of Saul Alinsky, democrats Parse every word, every handshake, every tweet and create a narrative of destruction. Per Saul Alinsky, never/ever allow your target to get credit. Alinsky teaches fighting as dirty as possible.
“In a fight almost anything goes. It almost reaches the point where you stop to apologize if a chance blow lands above the belt.”
Democrats have called him every vile term in their playbook, often in the same sentence: racist, Islamophobe, anti-semite, misogynist, homophobe, yawn – you get the picture.
- Polarize the Target: Specifically, here’s the growing list of radical democrat efforts to “Polarize” Donald Trump.
- Release and weaponization of the Fake Hillary Clinton funded opposition research dossier. Ongoing.
- Following a clear win in the 2016 election, democrats cried for recounts in multiple states to overturn Trump’s electoral victory. This effort failed quickly.
- In concert with the recounts, democrats tried to intimidate Electoral College electors pledged to Trump and disenfranchise American voters by switching their votes to Clinton. This effort also quickly failed.
- Convince the American People to abandon President Trump and to call for his impeachment over a false, Russian Collusion Hoax. After 18 months of investigations, despite, the minion media’s efforts to create it, no evidence of “Russian Collusion” has been found. Dying a slow death.
- As the Mueller Russian Hoax floundered, democrats and the media began to change the narrative to convince Americans that the President was actually guilty of Obstruction of Justice, and should be, once again impeached. Ongoing as Mueller plots to construct a process crime.
- Never to run out of plans, democrats and the minion media attacked the President’s mental fitness and health to govern, trying to convince us that he should be removed under the 25th Amendment.
- A new tactic appeared, as a spin off from the Mueller Russia Collusion Hoax. President Trump’s right to attorney client privilege was revoked when his, long serving lawyer Michael Cohen came under legal attack in order to turn him against the POTUS. One by one the radical left attempts to remove the President’s allies.
- Convince the country to elect democrats in November’s midterms, after which they will move to impeach. The Articles of Impeachment don’t matter, as Alinsky wrote “In war the end justifies almost any means.“
The problem for democrats employing the Saul Alinsky page of their playbook is that President Trump isn’t your typical republican.
He won’t allow democrats to solidify step 2, which makes the next two much harder. President Trump outmaneuvers democrats, and his critics, and won’t stay in place.
A classic example is the “Fake News” meme. The minion media is one of the main weapons democrats use to carry out Alinsky’s strategy. Investigative reporter Sarah Attkisson describes the genesis of fake news. She traces it back to Hillary Clinton supporters, big money doners, and media allies. Their plan was to use the meme to blunt attacks against Hillary. However, as Attkisson explains “…something happened that nobody expected. The anti-fake news campaign backfired. Each time advocates cried fake news, Donald Trump called them “fake news” until he’d co-opted the term so completely that even those who [were] originally promoting it started running from it — including the Washington Post,”
By pointing out the media’s radical bias, and outright lies (ex. Fake News Awards), President Trump, in a “hostile takeover” blunted their impact, and in a reverse Alinsky effectively turned them into a “Target”. He instinctively uses Alinsky-like counter attacks, which progressives are not equipped to counter. In addition, and most importantly, he moves forward on a pro-America agenda that helps all Americans.
Democrats falsely call him a racist, yet he lowers unemployment via expanding the economy, leading to the lowest black unemployment level since tracking started.
Democrats falsely call him a fascist, yet he returns power to the states, reducing, not like democrats who increase, the power of the federal government.
Democrats falsely label him an antisemite, yet he fulfills a campaign promise and recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, promising to move the US Embassy there. NOTE: This same promise was made, and broken by Obama, Bush and Clinton.
Democrats falsely cry that the Republican passed tax cut law will crush the middle class, yet money flows through corporations into the bank accounts of their employees. Starting in February, federal withholdings will also reduce, adding fuel to expose these ridiculous charges.
We now have a full picture of both the Republican and Democrat Party civil rights histories. The facts are overwhelming:
+Republican Party’s Heritage:
- From its birth in 1854 was the Party of anti-slavery (which ended slavery), and inherited the ideals of the American Revolution (the revolutionary tradition)
- Conserving the promises of liberty, freedom (political/economic/thought and religion), personal responsibility, justice (justice of rights (equality under the law), economic allocation i.e. free market capitalism).
- Republicans always stood for letting people keep what they produce and earn.
- Republicans have always been the party of women’s rights and minority rights.
+Democrat Party’s Heritage:
- Oppression of Blacks/American Indians
- Stole land from Indians and labor from Blacks
- Since 1930s (Progressive Era), established modern plantations in the inner cities, added immigrants to the mix
- Developed confiscatory/progressive taxation system, now taking something from everybody. Don’t forget the democrat driven tax rates of 80-90%. End state, take everything from everyone, distribute as they see fit.
- From slavery through modern progressivism, Democrats have always stolen the fruits of peoples labor. Now, working to enslave Americans to the all powerful progressive state.
- Party of deceit, lawlessness.
- Modern Democrats contort our Nation’s Birth and our Constitution to denigrate America’s founding, and cover the racist history/nature of their party.
Since History is so damning to their party, Democrats try to convince Americans that the parties switched sides following the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Many fell for this lie. It’s time to set history straight!
Early progressives (i.e. statists), like fascists in the first half of the 1900s, saw great value in war. It wasn’t the fighting that they craved, but the singular focus on mobilizing the nation’s population towards a common goal dictated by the state. Peacetime obstacles like liberty and individual rights, eroded or evaporated under nationalistic fervors whipped up in time of war greatly simplifying the state’s power expansion.
America saw this in WWII where citizens willingly sacrificed giving up sugar, or butter to support the war effort. Children enthusiastically scoured their neighborhoods for metal and rubber drives. Consumer product factories were happily converted to supply the military with equipment, and Americans did with less, or did without. Slogans like “Do with less-so they’ll have enough” were shown all over the country. Total war was responsible for total civil mobilization.
Progressives continued to crave this war state power, and modern progressives came up with a strategy to get it free from the ravages of a hot war.
They invented global catastrophism (creating Mountains out of Mole Hills) as a rallying cry, to not only mobilize our nation, but all nations in common. Liberal Fascism states:
“the left has looked to everything from environmentalism and global warming to public health and diversity as war equivalents to cajole the public into expert-driven unity.”
They were wildly successful in the effort! What remains to be seen is “catastrophism’s” lasting effect. Will people wise up when the prognostications of doom don’t materialize, or will progressives get away with changing their narrative as they have in the past (ex. “Global Warming” vs “Global Climate Change”).
The American left loves to slander President Trump, and by extension any Trump supporter, as fascists. Progressive democrats project their actual history onto republicans and conservatives. They rely upon the fallacy that both fascism and Nazism are right wing ideologies as the foundation for their charges. Marxist organizations like ANTIFA even have the gall to claim that they stand against it, and are the judges of who is and isn’t a fascist.
Take for instance the below “Googledictionary” definition of fascism, which as we will see, is totally biased and inaccurate as it to labels fascism “a far right movement”:
An authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization,
An authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization
(in general use) Extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice”6
The evolution of fascism is the key to understanding where on the ideological spectrum it truly falls. Fascism sprang from Marxism and socialism, where fascists then competed against communists for followers from the same pool of radicals. Fascists evolved from Marxists and radical socialists who concluded that Marxism was a failed philosophy. They
“Saw fascism as the way to save socialism. Marx was wrong, workers were not rising up on their own (workers in Germany and England were doing well, and seemed happy), they needed to be organized and pushed into revolution.”5
Fascists were the organizers who stirred revolution in contests with communists. As part of that struggle, communists claimed that fascism was right wing in order to discredit it, but the truth is that fascism is a totalitarian, authoritarian, left wing radical ideology, and the antithesis of anything right wing.
NOTE: Saul Alinsky’s teachings, foundational to the progressive movement, follow the same plan. Alinsky coined the term “Community Organizer” to describe those who stir revolution.
Definitions of Fascism:
1. “Fascism is a religion of the state.”
– It assumes the organic unity of the body politic
– It longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people
– It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political
— Any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good
— It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including:
—- Citizens health
—- Citizens well-being
—- Seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action (by force or through regulation
and social pressure)
– Everything, including the economy and religion must be aligned with its objectives
– Any rival identity is part of the “problem” and therefore defined as the enemy”1
2. State-run Capitalism.2
Fascism’s Ideological Evolution:
Jean-Jacques Rousseau (28 June 1712 – 2 July 1778): “The Father of Modern Fascism” Conceived of the “Theory of the general will” which formed the intellectual foundation for all modern totalitarianisms.
“Individuals who live in accordance with the general will are “free” and “virtuous” while those who defy it are criminals, fools, or heretics.” He “Sanctified the sovereign will of the masses while dismissing the mechanisms of democracy as corrupting and profane.”1
Maximilian Robespierre (6 May 1758 – 28 July 1794): A student of Rousseau, and a leading figure in the French Revolution (which became a template for totalitarianism).
The French Revolution was:
- “A nationalist-populist uprising
- Led and manipulated by an intellectual vanguard
- Determined to replace Christianity with a political religion that glorified “the people”
- That anointed the revolutionary vanguard as their priests
- And abridged the rights of individuals.”1
Italian Dictator Benito Mussolini
Benito Mussolini (29 July 1883 – 28 April 1945): Ideological contributions (Key elements from his 7 volumes of Marxist/socialist theory).
- “Everything in the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.”
- Believed “totalitarian” as a positive term, actually coined it: “the state took care of everything and looked after everyone.”
- Sought an Italy where state maintained complete control over all aspects of the lives of Italians.
- “Everything was “fair game” if it furthered the ends of the state.”
- “Demanded that party members (Italian Socialism) renounce religious marriage, baptism, and all other Christian rituals.”
6. Tapped into the “religious fervor” of the French Revolutionary model, the state is the religion, and Mussolini was the Italian state.
7. Fascism is definitely and absolutely opposed to the doctrines of liberalism (Classic Liberalism i.e. Conservatism) both in the political and economic sphere.”4
There were countless other political philosophers, strategists, writers, agitators, organizers, etc. who contributed to building fascism, yet they all had one thing in common:
“All of the leading figures in the founding of fascism were men of the Left.”3
Italian Philosopher Giovani Gentile
Giovanni Gentile (30 May 1875 – 15 April 1944): “The Karl Marx of Fascism”. His main philosophical contributions.3
- “Man is naturally at home in community, in society.” He was a communitarian.
- He despised classical liberal democracy (i.e. capitalist democracy; the democracy of America’s founding); Promoted “true democracy” in which individuals willingly subordinate themselves to society and to the state.”
A slogan from Obama’s 2012 Democratic Convention: “Governments the only thing that we all belong to.” fits perfectly with Gentile’s teachings.
3. Leaders and organizers are needed to direct and channel the will of the people, who are too slothful and inert by themselves.
4. Society and the state are one and the same. As such the state is unaccountable (above) to the citizens. “Morality and religion…must be subordinated to the laws of the State.
5. The government should teach, through the schools to advance it’s values and priorities. Statism and collectivism defines fascism and Nazism.
The above elements of fascism share significant traits with American progressivism, which some call “American Fascism”. The most significant,
“Everything in the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state”
can’t possibly be confused with the conservative principle elevating God Given liberty and individualism above the state.
President Woodrow Wilson – Democrat (December 28, 1856 February 3, 1924): Has been described as a proto-fascist, in addition to him being known as a flagrant racist. (Link to Woodrow Wilson racism)
According to Liberal Fascism:
- Wilson disguised his fascism by calling it progressivism, a term not widely used until after 1909.
- He stated “The essence of Progressivism was that the individual marry his interests to the state.”
- He wrote “Bismark’s (Germany’s Otto von Bismark) welfare state was an “admirable system the most studied and most nearly perfected’ in the world.”
- He believed that society could be bent to the will of social planners.
- He established the American Protective League. The APL was a semi-official organization of citizens that spied upon other Americans. At its zenith, it consisted of over 250,000 members in over 600 cities. The APL intimidated, threatened, detained and violated the rights of countless America Citizens.
- He heavily influenced Herbert Croly, who adopted Wilson’s Presidential example as dogma. Wilson created an all-powerful Executive Branch of government while minimizing the legislative and judicial branches, in harsh contrast with the Constitution’s establishment of co-equal branches.
Herbert Croly (January 23, 1869 – May 17, 1930): One of the most influential American Progressive/Liberal authors. He literally wrote the Bible of progressivism7 “The Promise of American Life” in 1909, defining progressivism and liberalism from his day through to the modern progressive/liberal movement. His key elements of progressivism/liberalism, which completely align with fascism:
- “Mobilize society like an army
- Call for spiritual rebirth
- Need for “great” revolutionary leaders
- Reliance on manufactured, unifying, national “myths”
- Contempt for parliamentary democracy
- Non-Marxist Socialism
- Spiritual calling for military expansion”
9. The need to make politics into a religion
10. Hostility to individualism.”1
Franklin Delano Roosevelt – Democrat (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945): FDR brought in many Woodrow Wilson administration officials to fill the ranks of his administration.
FDR greatly expanded the powers of the presidency, granted by a democratic Congress, and would have gone further if not for court challenges.
FDR’s foundational program The New Deal, was known at the time to be remarkably similar to the economic programs of both Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany.
“The broad-ranging powers granted to Roosevelt by Congress, before that body went into recess, were unprecedented in times of peace. Through this “delegation of powers,” Congress had, in effect, temporarily done away with itself as the legislative branch of government. The only remaining check on the executive was the Supreme Court. In Germany, a similar process allowed Hitler to assume legislative power after the Reichstag burned down in a suspected case of arson on February 28, 1933. (p. 18).
The Nazi press enthusiastically hailed the early New Deal measures: America, like the Reich, had decisively broken with the “uninhibited frenzy of market speculation.” The Nazi Party newspaper, the Vlkischer Beobachter, “stressed ‘Roosevelt’s adoption of National Socialist strains of thought in his economic and social policies,’ praising the president’s style of leadership as being compatible with Hitler’s own dictatorial Fuhrerprinzip” (p. 190).8
– Wanted to create an “extra-constitutional private army” out of the American Legion. In a radio address FDR told them he wanted to be “A new commander-in-chief under the oath to which you are still boundI reserve to myself the right to command you in any phase of the situation which now confronts us.“1
– American Legion considered itself an “American Fascisti” for a time, under FDR’s influence, it was a turned into a quasi branch of the FBI used for spying.1
– FDR used the FBI and other federal government agencies to spy on his critics at home.1
– He build a 2.5 million young man Civilian Conservation Corps, work program very similar to those set up in Germany and Italy, all used similar arguments for why they were needed.1
Barack Obama wanted to do something similar but more paramilitary. He never seemed to pursue it after becoming President. During his first campaign he said:
“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”
– “The National Industrial Recovery Act of 1933 (NIRA) was a:
US labor law and consumer law passed by the US Congress to authorize the President to regulate industry for fair wages and prices that would stimulate economic recovery.
It also established a national public works program known as the Public Works Administration.
The National Recovery Administration (NRA) portion was widely hailed in 1933, but by 1934 business’ opinion of the act had soured. By March 1934 the “NRA was engaged chiefly in drawing up these industrial codes for all industries to adopt.”9
The NRA was established to administer NIRA and was led by retired Army General Hugh S. Johnson, an ardent disciple of Fascism. “As head of the NRA, he distributed copies of the Corporate State by Raffaello Viglione-an unapologetic fascist tract by one of Mussolini’s favorite economists.”
The program gave unions considerable power, which they used to block black Americans out of the workforce. Some black journalists called the NRA names like Negro Run Around, Negro Removal Act and Negroes Robbed Again.”1
The National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA) was declared unconstitutional in May 1935 when the Supreme Court issued its unanimous decision in the case Schechter Poultry Corp. v. United States.1
– FDR tried to stack the SCOTUS when they shut down his policies. FDR effectively intimidated them into submission.
Was this President Obama’s intent during his state of the union speech where he directly challenged the SCOTUS?
– FDR broke with tradition since George Washington, and ran for a third term. Had he not died, would he have kept going?
– Finally, and perhaps most appallingly, FDR put over 100,000 American Citizens into internment camps.
“The sober truth is that the most important civil rights battles were fought and won four decades before the Obama presidency. The black underclass continues to face many challenges, but they have to do with values and habits, not oppression from a manifestly unjust society.“ Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed
14 January, 1963: Governor George Wallace (D) “Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.” delivered it from the portico of the Alabama State Capitol. This was the exact place where Jefferson Davis had been sworn in as the President of the Confederate States of America.
2 May, 1963: “Republicans condemn Democratic Sheriff of Birmingham, AL for arresting over 2000 black children who were marching for their civil rights.”
May 1963 Congress passes the Equal Pay Act of 1963: “In 1942, Republican congresswoman Winifred C. Stanley from Buffalo, N.Y. introduced H.R. 5056, Prohibiting Discrimination in Pay on Account of Sex, which did not pass at the time.” Wikipedia
- Senate: No opposition in a voice vote.
- House: Democrats voted 202 Yea/9 Nea, GOP 160 Yea/0 Nea. Only votes in opposition came from democrats.
1964: Republicans condemn 14-hour filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act by Democratic US Senator and former Ku Klux Klansman Robert Byrd who served in the Senate until his death in 2010. The Civil Rights Act was also opposed by most Southern Democratic Senators, several of whom were proud segregationists – one of them being Al Gore Sr. Democratic President Lyndon Johnson had to rely on Republican Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen to get the act passed. 31.3% of Democrats voted against the act, 81.8% of Republicans Voted for it.
1965: Republicans in the House and Senate vote, in much higher % than Democrats, to successfully pass the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (Enforcing Voting Rights).
- House: Republicans vote 112 Yea/24 Nay (82.4% FOR), Democrats vote 221 Yea/61 Nay (78.4% FOR)
- Senate: Republicans vote 30 Yea/2 Nay (93.8% FOR), Democrats vote 47 Yea/16 Nay (74.6% FOR)
21 March, 1965: “Republican Federal Judge Frank Johnson authorizes Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s protest march, from Selma to Montgomery, overruling Democrat Governor George Wallace.”
1969: Republican President Richard Nixon instituted the first Affirmative Action program with the “Philadelphia Plan” that established goals and timetables.
1972: Republican President Richard Nixon signs into law the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972.
1976: Republican President Gerald Ford issues order rescinding Democrat FDR’s Executive Order authorizing internment of over 120,000 Japanese Americans.
1981: Republican President Ronald Reagan establishes the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities to increase black participation in federal education programs. Executive Order 12320
2 November, 1983: Republican President Ronald Reagan signs a bill establishing a federal holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
1987: President Ronald Reagan calls for liberation of East Europeans from Communism with his powerful “Tear Down This Wall” speech.
January 1993: Bill Clinton sworn in as President of the United States. His mentor was know racist J. William Fulbright (D) AR, who voted against the CRA 1964, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Al Gore, Jr. was his VP. Gore’s father was Dixiecrat Albert Gore Sr. (D) TN, who also voted against the CRA of 1964.
- Hillary’s America
- Wrong on Race
- The Big Lie
- America’s Indomitable Character, Volume IV
- Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed
Obamacare is imploding. That is no surprise to anybody who knew what the plan was intended to do. Obamacare was designed to fail. The democrat plan, however, was for failure to happen when they were in charge of the federal government.
For the sake of analysis, let’s pretend that Hillary won the election and became president, along with democrats taking back both houses of Congress. Obamacare would collapse as planned. Nothing can stop this horrendous law from failing. Hillary would go to a socialized, government bureaucrat controlled, single payer system, fulfilling the progressive democrats’ utopian dream. So, how much would it cost?
We are fortunate to have a recent example from democrats in California (Senate Bill 562) from which to answer that question.
California has an annual state budget of approximately $180B. Assuming that the politicians pushing the bill did their analysis correctly, which is a huge assumption, the recent single payer bill pushed by democrats would cost $400B/year.
According to those same politicians, Californians spend $200B/year on healthcare already, so if the government took all of that money, it would still need $220B/year to pay for the socialize medical plan, more than double their current annual budget.
California, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis is 14.1% of the total US GDP. Using California’s GDP to scale up the plan to the United States, the full cost of such a democrat plan would equal $1.418T/year.
Yes, that’s correct, $1.418T/year, which is far greater than the entire discretionary budget of the federal government. The total was discounted like the California plan assuming that every penny spend on healthcare nationally is taken and applied toward the total cost, and so is reduced from the total annual cost of $2.836T.
These are mind-blowingly large numbers that would collapse the national economy, and bankrupt the country.
Note: We are already approaching $20T in debt, and rapidly climbing. A socialized medical plan thrown on top of the current federal budget would be like throwing a drowning man an anchor.
The bottom line: Democrat healthcare plans, like the New Deal which gave us $20T in debt, bankrupts the country.
- Urban Institute Analysis: National Single Payer Plan would raise government spending by $32 trillion over 10 years
Blacks switched from Supporting the Republican Party to Supporting the Democrat Party immediately after passage of the 1965 Civil Rights Act.
Because Immediately After Voting on the CRA of 1965, Civil Rights Republicans became Democrats, and historically racist Democrats became Republicans. Blacks responded, running from the racists.
The black community did not switch to voting for democrats after 1965. They switched in the 1930s, 30 years earlier. The first Democrat presidential candidate to receive a majority of the black vote was FDR in 1936.
“From 1865 to 1936…approximately 90 percent of blacks voted Republican and only 10% voted Democratic.”
“By 1936, 75 percent of blacks became Democrats. This trend has only continued since then…” Hillary’s America
Debunking the claim that Immediately After 1965 Republicans became Democrats, and historically racist Democrats became Republicans.
The Facts Of Politicians Switching Parties Post 1965.
All total, 126 Congressmen voted NO, only 4 switched parties, 96.8% DID NOT.
- 21 Democrat Senators Voted Against the CRA of 1964, Only 1 Switched Parties
- 46 Democrat Senators Voted For the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
- 6 Republican Senators Voted Against the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
- 27 Republican Senators Voted For the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
NOTE: Republican Senators voted in favor of the CRA of 1964 in greater percentages than Democrats did (81.8% vs 68.7%). Republican Senators also broke the Democrat Party’s 75 Day filibuster of the CRA.
- 94 Democrat Congressmen Voted Against the CRA of 1964, Only 4 Switched Parties
- 35 Republican Congressmen Voted Against the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
- 136 Republican Congressmen Voted For the CRA of 1964, Only 3 Switched Parties: Two became Democrats, One became an Independent. 98.8% Remained Republicans.
- Far from leaving the party, some also became national leaders within the Republican Party (Donald Rumsfeld, Gerald Ford, Robert Dole).
A much more comprehensive list solidifies the fact that that parties did not switch. Dinesh D’Sousa, in his movie Hillary’s America, details a list of 1600 racist democrats including:
- Leaders of the KKK
- Leaders of other racist groups
- Democrat Congressmen from 1860-2000
- Democrat Senators from 1860-2000
- Democrat Senators and Congressmen who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964
The total that switched parties to become Republicans…
only 14 out of 1600, less than 1%.
*Data From: Hillary’s America the Movie,Stolen History, Wikipedia, GovTrackUS
# of Party Wins in Presidential Elections Across the “Solid South”? (Totals of the 11 Former Confederate States) From 1964 On
# of Party Wins in Gubernatorial Elections Across the 11 Former Confederate States From 1964 On
“The Parties did not switch. They (Democrats) just switched tactics from Force to Isolation to Entitlements, all of which steal True Equality and True Prosperity.”