President Obama unveiled his 2016 BCA busting budget on Monday at the DHS Headquarters. The President extolled the virtues of his budget cutting, stating that he reduced annual deficits by two thirds since coming into office. Let’s examine that statement.
- President Obama’s starting point was the largest deficit in American, and probably world, history, at over $1.4T in 2009.
- In absolute terms, he signed the largest tax increase in American History, so he did raise more money by taking it from the American people.
- Despite the ever-growing threats to our national security, he did substantially cut the US Military.
- He also increased spending in many social programs and wealth redistribution programs, which more than compensated for defense cuts. The Budget Control Act of 2011 capped his spending increases. The BCA was the real control on spending, and it was thrust upon him when the American voters gave the GOP control of the House.
Now let’s take a look at where the budget increased the most. The Top 10 Largest Increases in FY16 (based upon dollars) – Where possible, color-coding has remained consistent with analysis of Social Programs/Wealth Redistribution.
– The 2015-2016 Delta column is a pure dollar comparison between FY15 and FY16. The % Delta column is added to show the magnitude of the increase compared to total program costs. Similar data is also presented for these same Top Ten comparing growth from 2007 (President Bush’s last pure budget) in purple to President Obama’s 2016 budget. What’s startling is that the combined growth of the top 5 programs in Chart 1 equals nearly $1.1T. That amount of annual growth alone is equal to the entire discretionary portion of the Federal Budget, including the Department of Defense.
Not surprisingly, the largest FY15 to FY16 increases are, interest and social programs. The defense increase follows two years of significant budget cuts despite an ever more dangerous world.
Also, Immigration Reform (highlighted in Red), totaling $8B, never existed before in the Federal Budget. The President is adding a brand new subfunction, despite the uproar and accusations of illegality over his executive amnesty. Without question it’s an in your face message to the new GOP majority, and unlikely to survive congressional budget hearings.
Projected US National Debt Based Upon Current Rates Of Spending
This graph tells a very scary story, and complements my last blog, “Global Warming vs the National Debt”, which compares the hoax of Man Made Global Warming with the stark reality of America’s National Debt. The data was derived from the White House’s own data (OMB supporting tables) from the “2013 Long Range Budget Outlook“.
The first critical element of this chart, which shows constant year 2013 dollars, provides a look at TOTAL US Debt, not oneobscured by debt to GDP ratios. As bad as the gap between the two lines looks, it is most likely optimistic. OMB data assumes a constant 3% interest rate on America’s debt, basically forever. The more that America borrows, however, the greater the risk that our credit rating will get downgraded again, and force those rates up. Just a small increase would be devastating. America also faces the real risk that it becomes a bad credit risk. Nobody knows when that will happen, but every year that we stay on this clearly unsustainable path, increases the odds that America hits the borrowing cliff.
The chart’s second critical element is the decreasing number of years needed to add $10 Trillion blocks to the debt. Each $10 Trillion takes considerably less time to accumulate and is proof of how dire America’s fiscal situation is. Spread the word, pass this chart around, elect fiscal conservatives to Congress, and hound your representatives to balance the budget. Time is running out!
One of the key progressive tactics is to create straw men issues out of tiny or non-existent issues, fabricating “mountains out of mole hills”, while at the same time downplaying real crises and ignoring them, in effect turning real mountains into mole hills. In many cases, the left completely makes up the mountain out of whole cloth, Republican “War on Women?” Please! What better way to show this strategy than to list some examples, all to the detriment of our country, by the way.
Mountains out of Mole Hills:
- Criminals are mistreated by America, and should be given their full rights back.
“Obama doesn’t think rapists, armed robbers, drug dealers are criminals”, now called “justice-involved-individuals”,
VA Gov Terry McAuliffe executive action grants 206,000 felons right to vote.
- Global cooling – Clearly their alarmist prediction of another ice age never happened.
- Man-made global warming– Now that we have 17 years without a global temperature rise, they changed the lexicon to global climate change and blame extreme weather on carbon. Global Warming Science; Reversal of Green Guru Lovelock, falsifying data to create warming. Climate Change Infographic.
- GOP “War on women”– Sadly this worked and helped get President Obama reelected in 2012.
- DDT – Completely made up claim that DDT was dooming the planet. Bogus claims were made like DDT was responsible for killing bald eagles by reducing the thickness of eagle egg shells. Banning DDT resulted in (tens of millions of people dead from malaria, and now bed bugs are returning to the US, don’t let them bite!)
- US healthcare system was in crisis – Hysteria used to ram through Obama care
Proposed Keystone XL Pipeline Route
- Republicans out to kill the elderly, indigent, women and children (yet death panels and abortions are democrat’s designs)
- Class warfare (self-fulfilling prophecy) – The wealthy are rich because the steal from the poor. The Poor have no wealth because the rich keep it all. Income inequality.
- Coconut oil is bad for you –We no longer use it to make popcorn, but contrary to claims it has been proven to have many positive effects such as reducing the impacts of Alzheimers .
- Salt will kill you –Latest studies say this is way over blown.
- Debt reduction/Balanced Budget- Any movement in this direction destroys the country, evil Republicans, “women and minorities hardest hit”.
- Voter ID laws exist to disenfranchise the minority vote – In fact they are essential to keep our elections honest, no dead people need show up to vote.
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform – Only 3% of Americans think this is a top priority.
- White Privilege – Itself a racist screed, taught across the progressive educational spectrum. Do progressives feel guilty because the Democrat Party has such a racist history?
- The Population Bomb, we’ll soon be forced to eat the bodies of our dead!
The above list is just a drop in the bucket, but hopefully makes the point. Be on the lookout for this tactic from the left! I’d be interested to hear what other examples you can list to further the cataloging of progressives crying wolf and making mountains out of mole hills to create national, and often global, panic in order to advance their agenda.
Mole Hills out of Mountains:
- IRS Harassment of Conservative Groups, Tea Party
- Benghazi (Avoidable murders of 4 Patriotic Americans)
- The Loss of the Middle East to Terrorism
- Fast and Furious
- US’s crushing deficit
- Long term liabilities of Social Security, Medicare, etc.
- Increasing magnitude of paying back debt as % of budget (OMB projections are that the annual cost of interest on the National Debt will exceed the Defense Budget in approximately 2020).
- Impacts on future generations (What we are doing is enslaving them to massive taxation)
- Obamacare – Hardly a day goes by without another story coming out detailing the harm ObamaCare’s implementation is having on our country: Death Panels, Rapidly rising costs, Single Payer Government Controlled end state.
- Democratic Party’s history of radical racism
- Crushing impacts of Big Government regulations on free trade, free enterprise, and US economy.
- War on Christianity– Even the Pope is concerned, (Army warns against Christians, Tea Party), Latest, 90,000 Christians Killed in 2017 for their Faith
- Drug Violence spilling over from Mexico
- Unions killing industries, public sector unions killing local, state, federal budgets
- High taxes– Damaging US businesses, forcing capital offshore, Americans renouncing their US citizenship (look at the impacts of high taxes – New York, California, vs Texas
- Banning of Gulf Oil Drilling (despite federal judicial rulings to the contrary)
- Voter fraud
- Failing US education system– From K-12 and into Universities (nearly 8 out of 10 NY City high school graduates can’t read).
- Opposite of contrived GOP “war on women”, true war on women in the Islamic world.
- “Clean Energy”
- Windmills chopping up birds (estimated 888,000 bat and 573,000 bird fatalities/year); Obama OK’s killing eagles, (400% increase in the # of bald eagles that companies can kill annually); making people seriously ill, deformities and aggression
- Impacts of ethanol on food prices, environmental harm, scarcity, (too much corn and less of everything else)
- Massive size of solar panel farms needed to produce power –environmental impactstorching birds, 130 in just 2 hrs!Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating Plant.
- It doesn’t deliver, given all of the harmful impacts it’s a false promise
- Huge cost/waste of tax payer money (Solyndra, and others.)
- Driving up energy costs
- Crony Capitalism (gov’t choosing winners and losers).
- Cost of College Education
- Failure in War on Poverty
These two lists are in no way meant to be comprehensive. Sadly, there are far more examples that pop up every week.